Saturday, October 21, 2006

And while I'm (not) talking about Quebec

This is nothing but total posturing and pandering.

I've been learning about this recently, and--surprise surprise (and please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I am)--it doesn't matter what you say about Quebec, nation or not, distinct or not, whatever; if they have a referendum and vote 100% to secede, they cannot leave without assent from all the provinces. Thus I'm just astounded at the pantywaist approach Chretien took in the 1995 referendum. And it pains me to say this, but for all his failings, Trudeau had it right when he asserted in 1980 that a referendum wouldn't mean anything.

Wow, I lose more and more respect (of what little I already had) for Liberals every day.

And then comes this. It's the story that won't go away and has got to be a nightmare for the so-called natural governing party (or as I like to call them, the naturally corrupt and arrogant party).

It's enough to drive a guy to the Conservatives. ;)

1 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Blogger Adam said...

The convervatives sure have a lot to say about how other Prime Ministers did not do the right thing. Why did they not make all the right ones...oh wait they were never in power. Why? They could never get elected, sure they got it a few times, but never managed to hang on to it. Now to critize actions made in the past, and saying how they would have gone had your party been in power, all you are doing is playing "what if" games in you head. Instead of putting down another party and trying to be the alpha-party like you see your little heroes do on CPAC. Why don't you be a grown up and work with people to solve problems. It is your right to question everything, but if you do not offer anything to help make it better, than you are part of the problem.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home