Monday, January 16, 2006

An interesting trip

This afternoon I get on a plane and am off to Montréal. I work in the federal government and will get a chance to see, if it's talked about, what the fed employees think in that city.

I'd respect Bloc supporters. They have principles and stand by them, even though I might not agree with them. I'd respect NDP supporters. They also have (for the most part, except for Jack!'s health care thing a couple of years ago) principles. I'd definitely respect CPC supporters because, well, I am one. And of course we have principles. I would not respect Liberal supporters because a) any fed employees supporting them are just supporting the pigs-at-the-trough mentality, scared for their own hides, and b) anyone believing that "Paul Martin isn't scary" or "Stephen Harper is scary" is loopy.

As I've said before, anyone who tells me they're voting Liberal I will immediately tell him/her that he/she owes me twenty bucks. Again, I know, I likely won't get any money, but it'll be great to start up a spirited conversation.

Hopefully I'll have something to report on when I get back on Thursday evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home