Sunday, January 22, 2006

Harper rally

Early this afternoon there was a rally with Stephen Harper and some of the Manitoba CPC candidates.

I walked into the lobby of the hotel and immediately stopped. There was no room to move! And the best part--there were people there of all ages and backgrounds. Young, not-so-young, white, asian, male, female. It was amazing to see. And everyone had smiles on their faces!

I'm not very good at guessing crowd sizes, but I'd conservatively say (heehee) that there were close to 1000 people there. The mood was electric, and the speech was passionate, full of hope and forward looking. I'll have a picture or two about it later.

Now I'm in Rod's office doing some odd jobs that need doing.

Just happy to be part of the team.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home