Monday, January 30, 2006

I think I'm going to be sick

As we all know, earlier this week Prime Minister Designate Stephen Harper went to the hospital because of some respiratory difficulties.

I'm working the night shift and was perusing some sites. One of them is Babble. Suffice it to say I don't think I'll be going there very much from now on. Why?

The absolute vitriol and hatred and schadenfreude displayed by some of the posters left me speechless in this thread. These so-called "progressives" openly admit to a) hoping/rooting for Harper not to be doing well ("How do we know it wasn't just someone trying to smother the son of a bitch?", "Let me put it as clearly as possible - if I had the opportunity to save Stephen Harper's life, I would not do so. And as he died, I would tell him why I chose not to.") and b) threatening to ban anyone who disagrees with them--despite the "progressives" thinking they believe in free speech ("Look - get it through your head - we've heard all this shit before and we are NOT going through it again. Supporting civil union is not acceptable here. Speaking on behalf of those who support it is not acceptable here either. ... If you wish to continue here, I suggest you drop it, because it WILL lead to you being banned.")

And these people consider themselves to be enlightened?

Sheesh.

1 Comments:

At 11:53 AM, Blogger TheTorontoTory said...

There is a broad line between criticism and hatred and they have far passed it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home