Tuesday, January 10, 2006

It seems

...that on my last post, Chuppa agrees with me about Harper's closing statement. Good, now I don't feel alone in the wilderness about that.

Now that the dust is settling and it seems the majority of people agree that Harper is clearly in the lead and needs to, as Angry puts it, walk on eggshells, I wonder openly about the best track for the Conservative leader to take for the next 13 days.

He pretty much has 2 choices. He can
  1. Keep his mouth shut and let the Liberals self-destruct, or
  2. Keep on keeping on, with sensible platform announcements and public engagements, nothing too radical.


Personally I like option 2, because it precludes the Liberals from steering the tone of the election, keeps them from trying their silly fearmongering, and it keeps Harper foremost in peoples' minds.

Pedal to the metal, Stephen. This thing is yours. I want my birthday present.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home