Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Oh well...

So much for that idea.

Never mind that, though.

I'm currently working a bunch of night shifts so, in keeping with recent non-happenings on this front, blogging will be light.

But let me make a couple of points.

  1. The polls are encouraging. And oddly enough it makes me a bit nervous because of all the scared people who could potentially change their NDP vote to a Liberal vote in a strategic vote. I'll say it like someone on a blog's message thread did today: strategic voting is stupid, lazy, and morally dishonest. Which means that Liberals would do it if they could.
  2. ITscam is really going to smoke someone. I'm just waiting for Martin and Goodale to have a public blowout. Personally I don't think Goodale will survive in his riding.
  3. The CBC is seeming to be fair to the Conservatives. Who'da thunk it?!
  4. The new Conservative ads, both TV and radio, are pretty good. I like the "Ottawa" radio bit the best, as it made me laugh out loud. Of course, so did "Entitlements", which would have been my fave, had the production value not been as amateurish as it is. But maybe that's the idea--get the public in the mindset that the Conservatives aren't slick--they're just like you and me. Which would be kinda smart.
  5. The so-called "negativity" of the Conservative ads, especially the "Entitlements" one, is nothing (and actually true!) compared to the Liberals' one in 2004. You remember the one--it fired a gun into your face. And now Stephen Taylor has posted a Conservative-positive voice-over-ed version of the exact same ad. It's brilliant.
  6. Stephen Harper has finally pulled out one of the big guns I had been expecting all along--questioning Paul Martin about CSL and how he manages not to pay Canadian taxes. Good. Although perhaps a bit early. Then again, I'm not a political strategist.
  7. In my neighbourhood, I only saw a few campaign signs last night, while I was out for a run. 3 for the Conservatives and 2 for the Liberals. Is everyone waiting, is everyone undecided, or is it just that people don't want to put up campaign signs?


Hopefully I'll be volunteering for Rod some more after these night shifts. If so, I'll write about anything else here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home