Sunday, December 11, 2005

Get involved

So yesterday i was perusing my local Conservative candidate Rod Bruinooge's website and there was some new information there: the location of their campaign office. Turns out it's a short walk from my place. Sweet.

I walked over to the office and introduced myself to Rod and some of the volunteers. I asked for a sign (2, actually) to be put up in my yard, and asked how I could help. I start volunteering for Rod on Thursday, when work won't interfere.

Rod and one of the volunteers, Wade, came to my place and together the 3 of us put up the (big) signs in my yard--they're prominent and very visible to passersby. I have a lot of road frontage on my yard, at least by Winnipeg standards.

I'd encourage all of you, if you have some free time over the next month and a half, to help out wherever you can. My job with Rod will likely be putting up signs. That's fine. I'm just happy to be on the team.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home