Thursday, January 05, 2006

Star editorial

Okay, this is disingenuous.

It starts off fairly, but they just can't help but let the bias leak out. And at times it's mendacious, too. (I love that word!)

"On gun crime, the Liberals have caught attention by promising to outlaw handguns, and they favour tougher sentencing."
I haven't heard about the tougher sentencing (not that it isn't there--I just haven't heard of it) but it's blatantly silly of them to conveniently forget to mention that we already have a handgun ban in Canada. But never mind, this one doesn't bother me too much. It's the next one that gets my blood boiling.

"On social law, the Conservatives promise a vote in Parliament to reverse the law allowing gay marriage."
On the Toronto Star editorial board, I call BULLSHIT. The only mention of this was when a reporter asked Harper about his stance, and he said (and I'm paraphrasing here) that, if an MP were to propose they have a vote, then he would allow a free vote. IF. That ain't a promise, doodleheads. It's an option. So this is just stupid and biassed.

Then again, it is the Star...

2 Comments:

At 7:16 AM, Blogger Mark said...

Bang on Dave. You need to write the Star editorial board, or send a letter to the editor.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger TheTorontoTory said...

I could never stand the Toronto (Red) Star and am glad that you are cracking down on them.

Keep up the good work!

http://timefortheright.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home