Friday, February 10, 2006

The volume getting turned down

Now that the hysteria and firing inward has slowed, I'm leaning to the side of "I don't have enough information about this; nor am I likely to get it, so trust in Harper that there's a bigger plan in play that I don't know about."

It is true, though, that Harper wasn't disingenuous at all. I watched the CBC interview everyone's pointing to, the one where he talks about how outlawing floor-crossing would open up a bigger can of worms than the crossing itself. I remember thinking "wow, I didn't know that" at the time. Which is why he's Prime Minister and I'm not.

I hereby nominate Occam for the best quote on Harper I've seen since the election. The quote?

"[Harper has] just proven he can be a bit of a son of a bitch when he has to."

Beautiful. And true. And why not? Don't we want a PM who can make the tough decisions when there are few good options?

I thought so.

1 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Did it ever occur to you that maybe I wasn't working that day?

Sheesh, the brains are just flowing around here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home